Fond of gaming laptops but low on the budget? No worries. In this article, you’ll find everything you need to know about buying the best gaming laptop under 800.
The market offers a large variety of best gaming laptop under 800 and before deciding which one best suits your needs; you have to be clear about the features, performance, and capability of the gaming laptop.
You may already be well aware that there are different types of laptops ($800-$5000) each targeting a specific group of audience. As far as gaming is concerned the fundamental factors you need to consider before buying the laptop under 800 are as follows
- Don’t look for touchscreen gaming laptops. They are expensive and usually never suit gamers.
- Search for a gaming laptop that has a long-lasting battery.
- Choose clearly between what you really need best for your gaming laptop; Portability or Performance.
- Don’t settle for a resolution less than 1920×1080 while choosing the best gaming laptop
- Remember that the more powerful the laptop, the less portable it would be.
- Don’t forget to consider the Graphic Card, since it’s the heart of your gaming laptop.
- Gaming laptops have different brands but that’s the last thing to consider after you have set a baseline of what you’re looking for.
EDITOR’S TOP FAVOURITE
Table of Content
1: Acer Aspire E 15 E5 (Best Gaming Laptop Under 800)
Impressively designed Acer Aspire E 15 comes in obsidian black color with cross-stitch pattern all around its plastic body. This 800 dollars gaming laptop is a comfy notebook not that difficult to carry around with a weight of 5.3 pounds and measures 10.2 x 15 x 1.2 inches.
Acer Aspire E 15 gaming laptop comes with an easy access for upgrades. An accessible compartment door allows you to upgrade your SSD and memory card effortlessly. This laptop for 800 offers you clear and uncompromised web chats (in case if you be needing that for your nonstop high-tech gaming experience) because of its enhanced microphone, accurate sound production speakers, and HD webcam.
This laptop is engineered for the ultimate gaming experience for its user and has a wide range of ports. On the left, it carries a pair of USB 3.0 ports, while on the right it has a 3.5mm headphone jack, DVD Drive, and another USB 2.0 connector. Adding to this; on the front lip it carries an SD card reader, hence demonstrates well the reason of its thick stature.
Now heading to the display, this gaming laptop under 800 is rated as the best resolution laptop at this fairly reasonable price. Acer’s Aspire E 15 E5-575G-57D4 apart from delivering other solid features has a colorful HD 1080p display. This sharp resolution display makes the colors vibrant and the saturation correct hence leaps you into full HD action all at once.
Nonstop gaming entertainment with the NVIDIA GeForce 940MX Graphics along with 7th gen Intel Core i5 powerful processing and Windows 10 excellent Operating System all packaged together in Acer Aspire E15 800 dollar gaming laptop provides gamers with everything they are in need of!
- Keyboard keystrokes have a backlight, enjoy HD experience in the dim light as well.
- The display has zero glare and absolutely zero reflection.
- The cord from adapter to the laptop is 6’ long hence providing ultimate comfort
- The battery is user replaceable
- Great for the Price and performance
- Doesn’t get hot (manages to reduce temperature) and doesn’t lag
- Best video gaming quality for intensive games too
- Sometimes lags due to firmware issues, but once all scanned and viruses removed, returns back to its excellent performance.
- Not much portable
2: Lenovo IdeaPad Y700
This 800 dollars best gaming laptop featuring Intel Quad Core i5-6300HQ 2.3GHz processor which boosts up to 3.2GHz with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB Graphics is the next best choice on the way of innovative technology.
Lenovo IdeaPad Y700 laptop balances performance and price by offering excellent HD action display along with high-speed multimedia gaming experience. Exclusively designed with good connectivity offers one 2.0 USB port and two 3.0 USB connectors. Also contains 4-in-1 SD & MMC media card reader and a full-size HDMI port for connecting to larger screens.
This gaming computer Laptop also comes with up an Ethernet port and Bluetooth 4.0 technology hence enhancing its high gaming capability. Weighing only 5.73 lb along with 15.23″ x 1.05″ x 10.9″ in dimensions provides gamers with enough freedom of extreme performance anywhere.
The advanced GeForce GTX 960M Graphics card pairs up really well with the 15.6-inch matte display and a standard 1,920 x 1,080-pixel resolution. Not only this but this gaming laptop under 800 manages to cool down its temperature all by itself and prevents the laptop from heating up. The system also has 256GB SSD that allows quick loading of games and helps the laptop accomplish its task seamlessly.
- Vibrant and bright screen
- Fast and super responsive processor
- Backlit keys and full-sized keyboard
- Provides tons of storage (1TB)
- High powered speakers for an ultimate gaming experience
- Stays fairly cool during intensive gaming
- Comes with an expanding gigabyte Ethernet port
- A solid choice for gamers under 800 dollars
- Also offers a touchscreen display
- Gives you 5 hours of battery life so stay near the sockets.
- Might experience some glare due to the glossy panel
3: ACER ASPIRE R 15
Acer’s R15 comes up with newest 7th gen Intel Core i7 processor which enables the gamer to enjoy high-speed uninterrupted gaming without scarifying on the performance. The powerful processor of this best laptop under 800 dollars allows multitasking without even a hint of lag.
With an Operating system of Windows 10 and a Hard Drive size of 256GB, Acer’s have made this sure that the gamer doesn’t experience any unresponsive behavior from the system.
This laptop is ideal for gamers who want nonstop high-quality gaming experience as this 800 dollars gaming laptop is equipped with NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB of discrete video memory. Exciting gaming along with stunning graphics gives the gamer an incredible HD experience. A high screen display with crystal clarity and lively colors resolution makes the Acer’s R15 more fun to go on with.
Well known for its flexibility, Acer’s R15 has the capability to go 360 degrees around the hinge without disturbing the luminous solid angle views. The 15.6-inch bright touchscreen display and a soft backlit keyboard pad are other enhancing features of this gaming laptop.
Measuring 14.6 x 10.1 x 0.8 inches and having a weight of only 5.29 pounds, Acer’s R15 is still not that heavy to work around with. Acer Aspire R15 also comes up with a Finger Print Reader that allows the user to sign in just with one touch.
The left side of this Acer Aspire 2-in-1 device features a power connector, a USB Type-C port, an HDMI connector, two USB 3.0 ports and a headphone jack. The right side features a power button, a USB 2.0 port, independent volume controls, and an SD card reader.
- Delivers great sound and enhanced audio
- Light up keyboard makes for typing in low light
- Thin sleek designed and attractive build
- 10 point touch screen easy to work with
- 1080 pixels clear crystal display
- Dedicated graphics card with a fair price
- Embedded Finger Print reader
- Doesn’t heat up quickly
- Lacks Ethernet connector but has fast wireless connectivity
- 5 hours of maximum battery life so pack your charger if you are taking the system out for a day’s work
- Backlit keyboard times out after 30 seconds of no use
4: MSI GV62 8RD-200
Thin and lightweight gaming laptop ‘MSI GV62’ is equipped with a 40% enhanced performance processor i.e Intel Core i5-8300H. 8th Generation Processor allows fast gaming and instant game loading response for continued full action HD experience.
To enhance MSI GV62’s gaming performance and enable powerful graphics, NVIDIA’s GTX 1050Ti with 4GB of GDDR5 memory comes packed in with the system. So if you want a portable yet a powerful system to carry on your gaming with, this gaming laptop should be at the top of your list
This 15-inch matte display features luminous screen display with a standard resolution of 1920-by-1080. Real powerful colors and bright screen truly brings your game to life and lets you play on with 3D views.
A total of 6 heat pipes and 2 fans help the system cool down and prevent it from overheating during intensive gaming. This is the best gaming laptop under 800allows you to multitask without any lagging of the system.
MSI GV62 also comes with a USB 2.0 port, an SD card slot and the power jack on the right side. Apart from these, one USB 3.0 Type-C, two USB 3.1 ports, one USB 2.0 port, a mini-display port, an HDMI port with 4K support and audio jacks are also offered by the system. This wide range of ports and wireless connectivity along with Bluetooth 5.0 definitely makes this laptop stand out for its price.
- Weighs only 4.8 pounds i.e easy to carry around
- The red edge glow keys allow you to gain full command over gaming missions even in dim lights
- Enhanced audio enables you to live the gaming immersion like never before.
- With the power of DDR4 technology enjoy smoother multitasking
- Durable and attractive build design
- Runs faster than a 7th Generation Laptop
- Great budget gaming laptop
- Games run smoothly with no lag
- Battery lasts only until 4 hours maximum so keeps your charger beside you.
- Apps crashing occur, but once you scan the laptop and make it free from all viruses it returns back to its original performance.
5: NEWEST DELL INSPIRON FLAGSHIP
The new Inspiron dell 15 comes covered in a black plastic with a brushed aluminum look on the lids and weighs almost 5.6 pounds. Featuring a clear display with a standard resolution of 1080 pixels Full HD. The newest Dell Inspiron 15 is ranked one of the best amongst 800 dollars gaming laptops.
Equipped with two Maxx Audio Pro speakers that enable decent sound quality and hence lets you enjoy ultimate gaming experience with high performance. Connectivity is quite standard and provides you with the usual USB connectors. Ethernet jack is also there along with a microphone/ headphone port.
This800 $ laptop is well known for its high wireless connectivity that is seamlessly fast and super stable. This is paired up with a reliable Bluetooth 4.0 connection.
The efficient Operating system loaded with Windows 10 and Hard Drive storage as high as 1TB is another distinct feature of this gaming laptop. With a sixth-generation (Skylake) Intel Core i5-6200U, a dual-core processor, 2.3GHz base speed and a 2.8GHz burst speed. You will be able to enjoy the best immersive fast and solid 3D gaming experience.
- The display offers a 10-point capacitive touch
- Contains a front mounted Intel RealSense 3D camera
- Stylish keyboard with complete backlighting
- Super reliable for multitasking and intensive gaming
- Equipped with a 6 cell lithium ion battery
- Real value for the bucks with a solid battery life of more than 6 hours and speedy performance
- Relatively slow hard disk but overall best in this price.
6: Dell 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop
Dell 15.6 inch gaming laptop is designed with 6th Generation Skylake Core i5 processor that enables solid gaming performance and fast response from the system. The 6th generation processor boosts up to 3.2GHz hence ensures faster boot times and quick application launches.
This under $800 gaming laptop is equipped with an anti-glare IPS wide-angle display (1920×1080). Bright colors and unparalleled viewing experience enables the gamer to witness everything on screen with stunning clarity. All these factors create a 3D real-life gaming exposure for the gamer.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M with 4GB GDDR5 discrete memory produces the best visuals for videos, gaming and content creation. It provides a wider range of environments and you can also personalize your gaming performances with whatever quality that suits you best.
Superior sound quality enables you to enjoy clear music and boosted volume along with your action games. This high rated audio performance is powered by two speakers of Waves MaxxAudio Pro. The long-lasting battery of 10+ hours creates nonstop uninterrupted gaming experience for you.
- Two cooling fans and three exhausts work altogether to keep the system cool
- Backlit keyboard and soft touchpad provide with accurate gesture support.
- Enhanced listening experience
- Comes in three colours; Matte black, hibiscus red and grey.
- 1’’ thin design easy to carry around with
- Strong wireless internet signal
- 256GB SSD boosts Windows faster
- Should be handled with care
- Tiny arrow keys but once you get used to them they’ll work fine for you.
7: 2018 Flagship Dell Inspiron 15
2018 Flagship Dell Inspiron 15 comes up with an extraordinary Intel Quad-Core i5-7300HQ 2.50 GHz that is truly devoted for its high-speed performance. This Quad Core processor is combined with a dedicated NVIDIA GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5 Graphics card. Packaged best under 800 dollars, Dell Inspiron 15 is one of the most attractive budget laptops on the market.
Apart from solid performance delivery, the 15.6-inch anti-glare screen has a standard resolution of (1920 x 1080) which offers you a smooth gaming experience. Though the Dell Inspiron 2018 Model doesn’t deliver very bright colors and crystal clear display it’s satisfying enough for an under $800 gaming laptop.
As for ports, this under 800 dollars best gaming laptop has USB ports, HDMI slots, SD card reader and Ethernet jack as well. It also comes with a headphone/microphone slot which enables you to experience full action gaming with more fun.
Storage of 1TB lets you store tons of files on your computer without any prominent sign of lagging. Such a beneficial feature on this reasonable price is really a great deal.
- Fingerprint reader on the power button for additional security
- Slimmer design with a thickness of 1.2 inches
- Lighter on the pocket and on the weight as well (4.9 pounds)
- Laptop boots in seconds and applications launch without delays
- High-performance Windows 10 operating system
- Has onboard fans for cooling down the system
- Upgraded software installed on the system
- The viewing angles aren’t great but it looks fine if you’re the person sitting in front of it
- The keyboard is just not very comfortable, needs time to get used to it.
8: Acer Nitro5
Leap straight into the action with this Acer Nitro5800 dollar gaming laptop that introduces thrilling action gaming with a bright and luminous display. 15.6 inch diagonal 1080 pixels display enables you to immerse in your gaming missions and enjoy it to the very best.
Acer Nitro 5 is equipped with highly dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB GDDR5 memory that provides solid graphics performance on a budget.
Moreover, 7th Gen Intel Core i5-7300HQ Processor is a solid value for those demanding high-speed performance and fast response rate from the system. The operating system has Windows 10 installed which has a color calibration software to set the colors according to your likes.
The red backlit keyboard is very comfortable and easy to work with. Acer’s Nitro enhanced speakers work wonders with zero distortion even when raised to high volumes. It also has a powerful battery installed which lasts up to 5.5 hours to the max.
This 800 dollars gaming laptop along with other outstanding features also has a USB 3.1 Type C port that makes it stand out amongst all other gaming laptops. Other ports include HDMI slots, Ethernet jack, and headphone/microphone slot.
- Solid build quality
- Mutes all reflections and provides clarity
- Price doesn’t push into four figures
- Durable and reliable
- HD Webcam
- Multi-format SD media card reader
- CPU comes with 8GB of Ram and has lots of capacity
- The in-built buttons are soft don’t go too harsh on them
Heats a bit in case of intensive gaming.
9: ASUS TUF
With an excellent combination of performance and speed comes ASUS TUF Thin and light 800 dollars best gaming laptop. ASUS TUF is able to handle 1080 pixels high tech gaming at a fast speed without a single hint of lag.
This under 800 dollars laptops are not just powerful hardware-wise, they’re also built well and designed to withstand the daily hassle, incorporate good backlit keyboards and a high-refresh rate screen. An operating system with Windows 10 works best on ASUS TUF and hence enables ultra-fast gaming.
ASUS TUF features 8th-Gen Intel Core processors and GTX 10-Series graphics that pair together to handle all the modern intensive games without sacrificing on speed.
You need not worry about your gaming laptop under 800 being heated up because ASUS TUF’s super cooling fans won’t give the system a single chance of getting heated. The Dual functioning fans are responsible for the system’s stable performance and prolonged lifespan. The installed ADC system keeps this best gaming laptop under 800 super healthy.
With a good balance of power and portability, ASUS TUF weights only 5.07 lbs and is as thin as 0.98 inches only. Attractive sleek design of ASUS TUF FX504 is quite famous amongst the gamers who demand external beauty along with strong internal performance.
- Extra durable keyboard
- Easy access to RAM and storage drives for upgrades
- Gets a matte 120 Hz screen
- Very fast Intel Wireless-AC 9260 connectivity with a speed of 1.7Gbps
- Affordable price tag
- Superior multitasking performance
- Tons of storage capacity with fire Cuda Solid State Hybrid Drive (SSHD)
- All the ports that a gamer demands
- limited vertical viewing angles
- average speakers
Choosing for yourself the best gaming laptop that is lighter on the pocket and fulfills every of your demand can be a bit difficult. Though if you clearly know what you really need and what you can compromise on, your problem can be solved in seconds.
Remember that processor is the heart of every system, don’t ever settle for something that can’t fulfill your gaming thrill. Depending on what kind of gamer you are, the higher the resolution, the better the results you will get but anything less than 1920 x 1080 will offer muddy graphics. If you’re fond of intensive gaming, it’s best if you go for 8GB of RAM, but you can also get away with 6GB of RAM too. A storage of at least 1TB hard drive is exactly what you should be aiming for if you want your system not to lag at all.
Portability and Screen size is a consideration, in which you will have to sacrifice on any one of them both. Wider the screen size heavier will be the system. In this article, you will find compensation for the portability and display sizes of every 800 dollars best gaming laptop. Not exceeding 5.5 pounds with 15.6 inches display is a beautiful yet a powerful combo! And at the end don’t forget to check the battery life of your gaming laptop so that you can enjoy uninterrupted long lasting HD gaming experience.
HD Graphics with luminous display and clear boosting audio effects is what every gamer dreams of. But for your budget as maximum as 800 dollars, all the ten laptops mentioned in this article would never let your dream plane crash into ashes!